Join Nick Walter for an in-depth discussion in this video Input confirmation, part of Django: Forms.
- [Narrator] So we'll go ahead and save this, … this is all the code that we need inside of our views. … Then, we're going to go ahead and move over to our order.html, … and we're going to provide a little bit of information … after our note. … So we're going to say, all right, if we have a variable … called created_pizza_pk, if this is something, … and make sure whenever you make an if, … you've got to have the ending if, … so we're going to put and endif right at the end of there, … but if we have this information, what we want to do … is create an a tag, with an href, … to take somebody to go edit their pizza. … So the url that we're looking for here, … go ahead and do our percentages, … is we're going to say url edit_order, … make sure that's all surrounded in a single quote there, … but then we also have to provide that created_pizza_pk, … so it knows exactly which one we're trying to go for. … So with this a tag, let's go ahead and … put some text in there like edit your order, …
- Creating form fields
- Using submitted data
- Adding models
- Using the ModelForms class
- Working with widgets
- Accepting files and multiple forms on a page
- Customizing formsets
- Using local validation
- Delivering errors responsibly
- Customizing forms
- Styling with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Djangowith Rudolf Olah1h 9m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Forms
2. Working with Advanced Form Features
3. Customizing and Styling Form Appearance
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.