Continue working on the detail view by adding some your imports, connecting the view to redux and adding a touchable component to the view so you can call your action.
- [Instructor] All right,…let's continue working on our detail view.…The first thing you want to do…is go to your PeopleItem.js…and scroll where you have the component.…We'll introduce a new element from React Native…and it's called TouchableWithoutFeedback.…TouchableWithoutFeedback allows you…to add touchable items,…so when you click on it or tap on it,…it allows you to add actions…and therefore, call the actions.…
So let's go ahead and add that.…TouchableWithoutFeedback.…The feedback is if you tap on a touchable with feedback,…it would give you…some type of opacity visual on your button,…and we'll use that in a future video.…We'll add on top of our View, like so…and then close it.…And then everything from the View to the View,…we'll cut and paste it…inside of our TouchableWithoutFeedback, like so.…
So the only thing that we need to do,…and remember, in the last video,…we did an action that's called selectPerson.…We'll make sure that once we click…on TouchableWithoutFeedback,…we're calling that action…and therefore, changing our state with the reducer.…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.