Learn how SignalR groups work, and what they're for.
- [Instructor] SignalR provides a few useful tools … to help you hub manage its connected users … and gives you the power to deliver messages … to any set of users you can imagine. … The way SignalR enables you to do this … is through a feature called Groups. … Groups give you more power over how to broadcast messages … to certain cross-sections of connected clients. … A group can contain any number of clients … and a client can be a member of multiple groups. … Groups are also dynamic which means … you can define them on the fly … without having to worry about creating them up front. … Groups are very powerful … and they boil down to a few, simple operations. … You can add a client to a group, … remove a client from a group, … and you can broadcast a message to users in a group. … Let's take a quick look at how you can do that … with the next example. … We'll look at this first method here in our sample ChatHub … in the JoinRoom method. … It's as simple as calling Groups.Add. … You pass in the ID of a connected client …
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups