Forms are nothing without fields for users to input data. In this video, see how to create those for your form.
- [Narrator] This order page right now is really empty. … In fact, this is where we're going to be building … most of the magic of forms. … So let's go ahead and spice up our order.html. … So inside of our order.html, … the big thing that we want to talk about in this video … is how to create a form on our own, customize the fields, … and use everything with our own power, … and then that'll allow us to see … the magic of Django's forms. … So let's go ahead and start by creating a new form. … Simply just try to type out form. … That's our opening tag, and we'll make an ending tag … for the same form. … Inside of the form, essentially what we want to have … are labels describing what kind of input … that we're going to have, and then the following input. … So start by creating a label for a topping on the pizza. … So we'll simply create this label tag. … We need to say what this label is for, … and I'll go ahead and leave this blank for a second … 'cause you'll see how this ties in in just a second. …
- Creating form fields
- Using submitted data
- Adding models
- Using the ModelForms class
- Working with widgets
- Accepting files and multiple forms on a page
- Customizing formsets
- Using local validation
- Delivering errors responsibly
- Customizing forms
- Styling with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
Building RESTful Web APIs with Djangowith Rudolf Olah1h 9m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Forms
2. Working with Advanced Form Features
3. Customizing and Styling Form Appearance
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.