Learn how to create a new project and add our SignalR hub and client.
- [Instructor] Our starting point for this project … will be a brand new ASP.NET application, … created using a new project template in Visual Studio. … We created a new .NET framework, … ASP.NET web application with user authentication. … I've adjusted a few styles, … cleaned up a few things we don't need … from the default template, but that's all. … We'll get started, as we did last time, … by adding the SignalR package. … I'll open the package manager console … and we'll type Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR. … This time, we don't need to create a new Startup.cs file, … because our application template … already created one for us. … We'll go to the Startup.cs file … and we'll simply just register SignalR here, … using app.MapSignalR. … Next, we'll add our hub. … I'll make a new hubs folder and call it Hubs, … and we'll create our SignalR hub. … We'll call it ChatHub. … We'll leave this generated code alone for now. … Finally, we'll add our boilerplate connection code … to the client side. …
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups