Connect your application to Firebase so you can see you new contacts into the list view as oppose to the static JSON file.
- [Instructor] Let's finally connect our list view…to our database so we can see our own data.…Okay, so the first thing you want to do is go to your index…and we'll add…a new action in here.…So the index, which is in your actions folder,…you want to add a new function and this function will load…our initial contacts from Firebase.…And this action will be called loadInitialContacts.…
You want to make sure your spelling is right.…Otherwise, when you go around and call this action,…nothing's going to happen.…And inside of it, we'll have a lot of code…that is similar to what we've done in here.…Let's go ahead and copy that,…and paste it.…And the only thing that we're going to change in here is,…let's remove this here because we're primarily…connecting to the same database,…and then we're doing something with it.…
So .on('value'), so if there is a value,…do a snapshot of what sits in my database.…So whenever the database updates,…it will take a snapshot of it…and then pass that information to our application.…And then dispatch, again we're using Redux Thunk,…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.