Add the final code required on the view to properly create new contacts in your application and send them to your Firebase database.
- [Instructor] We need to add a few things…to our add person view…in order to be able to create a new contact,…so let's get to it.…So the first thing we're going to do…is add a few things in our add person form…and we'll import our friend connect from react redux,…then we'll import our actions…because we'll need them in this particular form.…Okay, then we'll scroll down to our form itself…and we'll add a few things here,…so the first thing we need to do…is add an unpressed event,…so when people press the button add,…something needs to happen in order…to send that data to fire base,…so that's what we'll do right there.…
We'll create the function for that.…First, we'll create multiple variables…that will hold our data,…so first name, last name,…phone and as you can imagine,…these are all from the form itself,…company, project, and notes…and make sure you deconstruct these variables…from this props so we can use them…and this is ES6 again…for those who are not familiar with it,…so we can take a look at the documentation…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.