Learn how to add Firebase methods to log your user and change your state with an error message when the authentication isn’t successful.
- [Instructor] OK, so now we're ready to add…Firebase methods to log our user…and change our state with an error message…when the login isn't successful.…So, the first thing I want to do,…and I feel like this is the right time to show it,…is to show you the debug tools.…'Cause right now, if we click on Login,…we should see a message somewhere that says,…'Clicked Button!!!'.…So, the way you do this is,…you bring up the developer tool,…and then click on Debug JS Remotely.…And what that will bring is a screen into Chrome,…and then you do Option, cmd+j,…and then this is the console for your application.…
So, if you click on LOGIN, you should see the message…that we coded in our application.…So, whenever you need to check something,…you want to check a value or anything,…this is the way to debug the application.…So we're just minimize that for now.…And the app.…This is just telling you that…the debugger is in the background,…so you can dismiss all that.…All right, so now we're ready to code…the methods that will reach Firebase…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
React Native: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich1h 59m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.