Set up the editing view for allowing users to update their contacts. The application will send the data to the Firebase database.
- [Instructor] Okay, so let's start working on…the editing functions.…So, we want to do a few things.…First we want to create two new files in our components.…One will be called UpdatePerson.js.…And the next one will be called DetailsView.js.…So, in the DetailsView,…we're going to copy all of our code…from PersonDetail. All of it.…Copy and paste it in this one.…
And save it.…In our UpdatePerson, we'll copy all of our code…from AddPerson, and we'll paste it in here.…And then just save.…And now we'll change what we need to change.…So in the UpdatePerson, you need to…go down to your button, and change it to Update,…and then we'll change the title of the button, UPDATE.…Then our function that we have in here onAddPress,…we'll call it onUpdatePress.…
So the function that we'll call…is saveContact on this one.…So we're saving the new details of that contact.…Then you want to change your title to Update contact,…and you want to make sure that if you scroll…all the way down to, let's go to Function,…that we're going to call,…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.