Learn how to add clickable buttons for calling, sending an email and SMS and the functions related to it.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's continue working…on our detail view.…If you remember correctly in the designs,…there are three buttons that you can call,…you can send an SMS, and an email.…So, we'll create the function and then the buttons…that allows us to do that.…So the first thing you want to do is go all the way up…to where your component starts…just before the render method…and add handleClick, a function that we'll declare,…and we're taking a link and then what we'll do with it is…use the Linking methods from React (mumbles)…and inside of that there are a few things…that are available for us.…
So, there's the canOpenURL.…So that will validate and verify that our link…that we're passing to the function can open.…And then we'll use promises to do something after that.…So if it is supported, then we're going to do something…with it.…So if supported, then open the link.…So this is primarily what we're doing here.…OpenURL and use the link to open.…
So if it's a telephone number…it will open the application for calling…
- Initializing React Native projects
- Projecting a folder structure
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Coding a login form and a loader
- Setting up Firebase email auth
- Using the React Native debugger
- Creating a list view, a detailed view, and a menu
- Setting up Redux
- Coding the scroll on detail view
- Adding clickable buttons
- Setting up Firebase for the back end
- Creating the new add person form
- Completing functions
Skill Level Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Project Setup and Back End
2. Creating the Login
3. Redux and Main Views
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.