Learn how you add a SignalR hub to an ASP.NET web app.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to look at … how to add SignalR to an appliation. … We'll add the SignalR package, hook up SignalR … to our application, and add our first hub. … Here we have our MVC demo application. … I can chat to myself on my local browser, … and messages show up in the chat history. … But I want to be able to chat to other users on the page … in real-time, so we're going to add the SignalR package … and create a hub, which will be the backbone … of our real-time communication. … The first thing to do is add the SignalR NuGet package. … We'll use the Package Manager Console, … make sure our correct web project is selected, … and type Install-Package … Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR. … Now that SignalR has installed, the first step … is to add a starter class which allows SignalR … to register itself at application startup using Owin. … We'll right click our project and add a new class. … We'll call it Startup. … We're going to add a new method here, … public void Configuration. …
- What is SignalR?
- Scaling out an architecture using SignalR
- Adding a SignalR hub and client to an MVC app
- Authentication with SignalR
- How SignalR groups work
- Adding chat rooms with groups