- Understanding your business-structure options
- Choosing your business structure using five key questions
- Establishing business names and fictitious business names
- Obtaining local licenses and permits
- Applying for city/county tax receipts
- Opening a business bank account
- Understanding state and federal taxes
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Martha Garzon, and I would like to welcome you to Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure. If you're ready to start your own web design business, I'm sure you have many questions on your mind. We'll start by clarifying the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and LLCs. Then we'll explore the key questions that will help you select the business structure best suited to your needs.
Next, I'll show you practical examples of a web design business taxed as a sole proprietorship and as an LLC. Finally, I'll help you understand the legal and tax requirements of a sole proprietorship and an LLC and walk you through the steps of setting up these business structures. This course gets you comfortable with the basic concepts so that when you seek professional help, you'll know what to expect and what questions to ask.
So, are you ready to become a successful designer and business owner? Let's get started with Running a Web Design Business: Defining Your Business Structure.