Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video The web evolves--so should your site, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- As we come to the end of the launch and reset phase…of our web design process,…we are completing the circle,…and you'll notice, the last phase…points back to the first one,…Content Strategy.…This is what's so magical about web design…and the web design process.…Unlike any other discipline or art form I can think of,…the web is an ever-evolving and constantly fluid medium.…Every day, new ideas, new technologies,…and new services come online that extend the repertoire…of what is possible for the web,…and often force us to change the way we do things.…
This is why I'm tempted to add the word…continuous into the web design process.…Web design is a continuous process…of constant iteration, innovation, and refinement.…There really is no such thing as "one and done"…in the web design world, or at least there shouldn't be.…The second your site goes live,…you start the process over.…Redefining content strategy, implementing new ideas,…testing, iterating on existing content, designs, and code,…optimizing for better performance and usability,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.