Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video The only thing that matters, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Before starting on a project,…it's a good idea to get some perspective,…and when it comes to web design,…that means asking, what are we doing…and who are we doing it for?…The first question was answered previously.…We're building informational user experiences,…which also points us to the answer to the second question.…We're building informational user experiences…for the end user.…We're building informational user experiences for people.…This can be a bit of a mental hurdle to climb.…
When we work on web design projects,…or any project for that matter,…it's easy to focus all the attention…on the client or site owner and what they want,…but if you think about it,…the website is not for the site owner.…The website is for the person using the website,…the visitor or end user.…The site owner just uses the website…to communicate with that visitor.…Here we can make a distinction…between technical implementation…and public facing solution.…
For the site owner, platform choice…and implementation matters.…How can she create, edit, and manage content on the site,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.