Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Wireframing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- At this point, I'm pretty sure you feel a desperate urge…to stick your hand into your monitor…and tap me on the shoulder to ask,…"Uh, Morton, shouldn't we be, like,…'doing some design work at this point?"…And you're right, we should…and that point is right now.…Well, let me rephrase that.…We should starting thinking about layouts right now,…and layouts could be argued…to be part of the design process.…Some antics, I know, but by the end of the course…you'll know why distinctions like these matter.…
By following the process I've outlined in this chapter,…you've ended up with a comprehensive content strategy…for the site.…You know who you are designing it for and what they want.…You know what content will go on the site,…and how these pieces of content will be grouped.…You know the hierarchical structure of the site as a whole…and the content on individual pages and views,…and you've architected a map of the structure…and interconnections of all the content on the site.…
Now, it's time to start pulling…all those pieces of information into layouts…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.