Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video What is this course about, and who is it for?, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Web design is more than drawing lines in Photoshop. The term encompasses all the disciplines that are involved in building and publishing content on the web. This course is a 10,000 foot overview of the entire web design process from initial idea to final publication. My goal is to give you a clear understanding of every step involved, so you can see how it all links together. Whether you consider yourself a designer, a developer, information architect, user experience expert, content creator or curator, project manager, or any of the myriad of other disciplines that fall under or touch on the world of web design, this course is for you.
Think of it as a clinical rotation for the practice of web design. Like a medical doctor in training, you'll rotate through the different departments and disciplines that make up the larger whole. Learning about their focus and responsibilities, their goals and priorities, and familiarizing yourself with their language. This way, when you work on a project, you'll be able to identify what tasks belong in what department and you'll be able to facilitate clear communication between each of them.
In short, if you work with the web, this course is for you. By watching this course, you'll learn how the web works.
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.