Get a 10,000-foot overview of today's web design process, from discovery to content creation, development, and launch.
- Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author here at lynda.com, and I'm here as your guide as we take on the task of mapping the modern web design process. To start off, I'll spend some time discussing what web design really is and what we are aiming to do when we create websites. Then we'll dive into the modern web design process proper and explore the different phases it's comprised of. We'll begin with content strategy and learn how to create informational user experiences for our visitors.
We'll then move into user testing and the build phase to create, design, and build content for the web. And after more user testing, we'll look at how to optimize the site for users, browsers, and search and sharing before rounding out the process with a site launch and reset. Web design is about people and communication, and I'm here to show you how these things fit together and how you can create great informational user experiences, so sit back, clear your mind, and let's get cracking with mapping the modern web design process.
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.