Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Version control, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- In addition to content, style, code and process guides,…there's one more technological step you can take…that will both simplify…and make your process more effective,…whether you're working as a team,…or on your own:…version control.…Now, if you've been around the block a few times,…version control probably isn't something new to you.…But the face of version control has changed dramatically…over the past few years,…in large part due to the massive popularity…of open source software…and the rise of online version control services…like GitHub.…
If you're not familiar with version control,…here's a one-minute primer:…Version control is a technical term…for creating snapshots and virtual timelines…for your content.…Like my fellow lynda.com staff author Ray Villalobos says,…branching on GitHub…is like the alternate timelines in Star Trek.…Here's how it works:…When you're working on a project,…you can commit the project to version control software…at any time.…
By committing, you are, in effect,…creating a snapshot of what the project looked like…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.