Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing wireframes and interaction patterns, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- In addition to the card sorting exercises,…you should also test the preliminary wireframes…and plan interaction patterns on end users.…Present the end user with paper versions…of the wireframes and have them access…the content and pretend to navigate…through the different sections.…If they navigate to a new page, swap the pages.…If they activate an interaction pattern…like a hidden menu on a mobile device,…have a paper version of the menu overlap…the section it would overlap on the website.…
Essentially, you are mimicking the real-world…behavior of the final product as you currently envision it.…Here it's vitally important that the content…on the pages is real content from the site.…You want the end user to interact with the content…as if she was accessing it in real life…and this can only be done by presenting her…with the actual content itself.…During this test, you first want the user…to interact with the content in the way…she intuitively thinks it will work.…
Do not answer questions along the way…and allow her to find her way on her own.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.