Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking it to the streets, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- We are now moving from the content strategy phase…to the first of several testing phases.…This is where we put all our preconceptions…about the project and the end user to the test…by presenting what we have so far to real people…in the real world.…User testing is an essential part of the web design process…and as we move through the process,…you'll see I'm applying user testing liberally…throughout the different phases.…There's a simple reason for this…and it's one I've eluded to previously.…
No matter how much you want it to be so,…neither your client, nor you, nor anyone else…working on a web design project are valid representatives…of the end user.…Well, there are exceptions, but they're extremely rare.…Your client and anyone associated with the client…will be heavily biased by existing knowledge of the subject,…company, and goals of the website.…They've also likely been exposed…to anything the company has produced…and in all likelihood also the web design process itself.…
Thus, they are all tainted and unfit to be representatives…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.