Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roles and responsibilities, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Before a new web design project starts,…it's important to clearly identify roles…and responsibilities for all involved.…Whether you're working in an agency…with a clear organizational hierarchy in place…or you're a one-person, full-service operation,…defining these roles and responsibilities upfront…will ensure a smoother ride as the project progresses.…Here it's important to remember…that the client is part of the team.…While your responsibility as the web…designer is to build the solution,…it's the client's responsibility to provide…vision, content, and input along the way.…
A typical web design project can be split…into multiple roles, each of which…should have a person assigned.…This list of roles will vary from project…to project and agency to agency,…but the gist of it is usually the same.…You have a content creator and a content strategist.…You have an information architect,…someone responsible for user testing,…a graphic designer, a user-experience designer…or UX designer, front-end developer, back-end…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.