Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Prelaunch checklist, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- With the optimization phase done,…we move on to the final phase,…Launch and Reset.…This is where all the work you've done…on the site, comes to fruition…as you take it live and allow it…to be accessed by the end user.…This is the moment your client,…your team, and the public have been waiting for…so it's important to get it right.…To that end, it's a good idea…to have a checklist in place…to make sure you've dotted all your i's…and crossed all your t's.…This checklist will be bigger or smaller…depending on the project…and every web designer will have their own list…and order they prefer.…
What I'll provide here is a baseline…that applies to all sites…so you have a starting point…to make your own list.…You'll notice that many of these points…relate to things we've already discussed…in this course…and that's kind of the point.…A checklist is there to ensure…everything that was suppose to happen…has actually been done.…Let's take a closer look at the list.…First, we have the list for Content.…We check that all items from the content inventory…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.