Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing for user experience, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- The primary goal of the optimization phase…is to optimize the user experience of the site.…Here, we're not talking about user experience design,…but rather the practical and technical aspects:…load time, responsiveness, accessibility, and so on.…Load time is a major part of user experience…and studies show the longer the load time of a site…the less likely the visitor is to stick around and consume…what is presented to her.…Same goes for how responsive the site is,…how accessible it is, and how easy it is to use.…
By following the web design process…as laid out in this course, you'll have an accessible…responsive, and easy to use website already.…So, what we're talking about here is refining the product…through front and backend optimizations.…On the front end of the site,…optimization is about reducing the volume of data…that travels from the server to the visiting device.…When a new site is built,…the code is formatted to be easy to read for humans.…That means, a lot of white space and a lot of comments.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.