Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing for social media sharing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Social media sharing may well be…the first true paradigm shift…in the short history of the web.…Before social media, the way we found content on the web…was through search engines and indexes.…After social media, the way we find content…is usually through recommendations…or sharing by our peers and friends.…In other words, if your content is not shareable,…it will probably not be found.…That means all your public sites need…to be optimized for social media sharing.…
The first and most obvious step to optimizing…for social media sharing is to add sharing buttons…to your site.…All major social media services…have various buttons and options…you can choose to add to your site…and there are also third party services…like Add This and Share This that provide…consolidated code to help add these buttons.…Social medial sharing buttons provide users…with one or two click actions…that allow them to share your site…with their friends and they work quite well,…but there is some research that indicates…a share or a click on a social medial button…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.