Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing for SEO, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Third on the priority list we find SEO…or Search Engine Optimization.…Historically, this meant rigging your code in a certain way…to gain the search engines into getting better ratings.…This is no longer the case.…There is no silver bullet or magical piece of code…that will instantly get you ranked higher on search engines.…Instead, the search engines index your site…based on some familiar attributes:…Quality of content and "trust factor",…Accessibility, Load time, and Quality of code.…
This is good news for you as a web designer…because as you can see from the list…these are all things we've been focusing on in this course.…In other words,…by following the web design process I've laid out here,…your site will already meet the baseline…for Search Engine Optimization.…This is especially true for accessibility.…Search engines are blind…and the more accessible you make your site…the easier it will be for them to index your content.…That doesn't mean you can't do more though.…
To fully optimize your site for search engines,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.