Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing user personas, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Second only to the content itself, the most…important thing to consider when building a website,…is the end user and what she wants.…To this end, it's important to create user personas,…a set of imaginary people that describe the end user…or users of the site.…Personas allow us to create user-centric designs and ensure…that we focus on and empathize with the people…we are endeavoring to reach.…In practical terms, a user persona is quite similar…to a character sheet in a role-playing game.…
The persona is a list of traits and attributes…that describe an archetypal end user.…Gender, age, social status, occupation, etc.,…as well as what goals this person has…and how they relate to the website.…Why is she here and what does she want?…The process of creating personas starts with investigating…who you want to reach with the website.…This could be existing or perspective customers…or it could be social media users, a specific demographic,…or even specific groups like people who work in mass media.…
The question you should ask is, "Who are we trying to reach…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.