Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing a three-track build process, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- We are now moving into the build phase.…This is where the actual creation…of the website takes place.…And this is where all the things we traditionally associate…with web design and web development happen.…It's easy to see the creation of a website…as a linear process, and that process…often takes the following form.…Start with design, follow by development…and finally content creation.…Knowing what we now know…about creating informational user experiences,…that content is at the center of everything,…and that the end user is all that matters.…
You can see how this structure is backwards.…But even if we flipped it around and put content first,…we'd still end up with a suboptimal end result.…In a linear process, a situation is pretty much…guaranteed to arise where a designer…has created something that cannot be done…or is prohibitively expensive on the development end.…Such a problem would not be discovered…until the development team begins their job,…and when it is discovered, it may force extensive redesigns,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.