Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing baseline documentation, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Let me introduce you…to three fundamental truths…about the web design process.…First, a website is a living thing.…By nature, it will evolve with time.…Its content will be updated and refined,…new services will be included…while others are removed…and, as new technologies come online,…the site will need to stay current to stay current.…Second, a website is usually a team effort.…In most cases,…the web design process will involve…a group of contributors…and as time goes by,…new contributors will be added…while others move on to other projects.…
Third, a website is also rarely built in a vacuum.…The website is usually an online representation…of a business or a larger brand…with multiple other outlets.…That means all branding,…from the web to print and other media…to storefront signage and beyond,…needs to have a visual and linguistic consistency.…To take all these three facts into account,…I recommend the creation of content,…style, code and process guides.…
These are living documents…that provide guidelines and reference…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.