Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video End-user testing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- With all technical tests out of the way,…the site should go through a series of end-user tests.…Just like the pre-build tests, this involves sitting…an end user down with the website and having her…consume the information and navigate…through the site on her own.…Here it can be useful to use screen capture software…and a video camera to record user behavior…on the site as well as user reactions…and commentary in real life.…If video is recorded, the user needs to sign a release…form for you to be allowed to use her likeness.…
The end-user test should be done on various…platforms, browsers, and devices to ensure…the end user understands and is able to use the site…regardless of how she chooses to access the site.…It may be a good idea to start some users on mobile…devices while others start on full browsers.…It can also be useful to have the end user use…her own devices or computer to access the site…to test for unusual browser configurations.…You may be thinking I've forgotten about…cross-browser testing; I have not.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.