Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing in the browser, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Following the three constants of responsive web design,…the actual job of designing your site across all…possible screen widths is best done in the browser.…You design for the medium the final product will…be presented in, and that medium is the browser.…In practical terms this means we build the design…from the ground up just like we did with content…and accessibility: one piece at a time, in code.…To web designers who are used to doing the visual design…in Photoshop and then transposing it over to an IDE,…this will be a bit of a transition.…
That said, there are major benefits to the in-browser…design process that will make you less dependent…on Photoshop in a very short time.…And of course you can still use other…design tools to help this process along,…especially to make mock-ups for clients.…But the majority of your design work…should be done in the browser.…Here, like before, there are different ways of doing things…so I will provide you some basic guidelines…to get you started, and then you can develop…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.