Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a living style guide, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- At the very beginning of the course,…I mentioned the value and the necessity…of creating a living style guide for the website.…Now that we've entered the build phase,…this style guide becomes critical and it's time we take…a closer look at how it can come together.…At its core, the style guide is a document that describes…through words, numbers, and examples, how all items…are to be styled and designed to produce consistent…visual communication.…When a style guide is complete,…any member of the team, old or new,…should be able to build new components…or change existing ones based on the rules…outlined in the document.…
Style guides have been around in the print world…and other media for decades,…and are now becoming a more common component…of the web design process as well.…A style guide for the web differs from one that targets…print or other media in one crucial way.…It can contain living and working code examples…of the elements described.…It can even be built on the same style principles…it communicates.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.