Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website
Discover what it takes to be a content strategist: what they do, how do they do it, and why content strategy is so increasingly valued on the web (and a hot job category). Author Janine Warner shows you how to analyze, prioritize, and think strategically about content in many formats (text, images, videos, animations, and infographics) across many channels. In this course, Janine walks you through a series of decisions to transform an outdated, content-heavy website into a multifaceted, multimedia showcase that includes a blog, email newsletter, and social media profiles. Along the way, explore key content strategy documents and tools, including how to create a content inventory, gap analysis, and content matrix. The course also explains how content strategy often overlaps with information architecture, and how constantly testing your theories is the key to long-term success.
- What is content strategy?
- Setting clear goals and managing expectations
- Creating a content inventory
- Identifying content needs with a gap analysis
- Managing development with a content matrix
- Creating a style guide and editorial calendar
- Developing wireframes and sitemaps
- Choosing the best medium for your message
- Testing and gathering feedback from users
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Janine Warner. Welcome to Creating an Effective Content Strategy for Your Website. Over the next couple of hours, I'll take you step-by-step through conducting a content inventory, developing a gap analysis and ultimately, designing a content matrix to track and manage all of your content development. We'll also delve into the complexity of managing content in many formats across many channels and review the importance of wireframes, site maps and metadata, as well as challenging your assumptions with A/B and multivariate testing.
Let's get started.
Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS Essential Training1,281,687 Views
OS X Server Essential Training: Yosemite Edition59,523 Views
Google Classroom: First Look37,871 Views
Daily Top Headlines8,024 Views
The Science of Logo Design110,517 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views