Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Post-launch user testing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- View Offline
- Once the site is launched and working properly,…you need to run another round of user testing…to ensure that everything is still working as expected.…Here you should run tests on three key groups of users.…Users that have never visited the site,…new users with experience with the new site,…and older users with experience with…both the old and the new site.…As before, you're testing for user comprehension,…communication and accessibility.…
The three groups cover three different…types of users who will give different types of data.…The first group will tell you if the site…is intuitive to use and meets it's communicative goals.…The second group will tell you if there are…latent issues and sticking points in the site…that only become apparent once you've been…using the site for a long time.…The third group will tell you if users are able…to transition from the old to the new site,…and put up flags if there is content or…functionality that used to be available…but is now either not present,…or hard for them to find.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.