Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Core content-model development, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- To get the build process started,…and all the tracks running, the development team…needs to build the foundation for the content models.…This means creating whatever structures are necessary…in the site or the CMS so the content team and client…can start inputting content and…see that content displayed on the front end.…If you're working with a CMS, this process…will be made easier by creating…a template map that corresponds with…the information architecture of the site.…By identifying what templates…are going to power what pages…and which content models applies…to those pages, the development team…has a clear plan of action to get…the core content models developed.…
Using WordPress and our imaginary business EET…as an example, this would mean building out…a template map that identifies…the different custom polls types necessary…and then creating the actual custom polls types…as plug-ins or within the custom theme.…Once the customs polls types are created,…custom taxonomies and fields are added…and front-facing templates are built…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.