Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Continue your path of learning, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- View Offline
- Ever since I recorded my first course here at Lynda.com,…I've wanted to create a course that takes a broader view…and shows the process of web design.…How all the different disciplines and skills required…to build a website come together.…As you've taken this journey with me,…I'm sure you realized why.…Building a website is not about…just design or just development.…It's about merging skills…from a myriad of different disciplines together…to form something truly amazing.…A living document of thought…that can be accessed by anyone with an Internet connection…and consumed in anyway the visitor wants.…
Now that we've reached the end of our journey,…I want you to take what you've learned…and apply it to your own process.…What I've laid out here is not a rigid system…that must be followed to the letter,…but rather a dynamic process…that ensures all the important steps…get the attention they deserve.…Now, I hand that process over to you…to use, improve, and evolve.…Thank you for watching, "(foreign language)",…and I'll see you in the next course.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.