Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Content strategy, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- We now enter the Content Strategy phase of our process,…which is the first major block of our web design circle.…This stage is about the planning, development,…and management of content for the web,…known for short as Content Strategy.…In this chapter, we'll look at some key aspects…of Content Strategy and see…how they play into the overall web design process.…What you'll discover is that the Content Strategy…of a website is a key determining factor…in every other aspect of the creative process,…and by establishing a comprehensive Content Strategy…before moving on to design and development,…you'll have a clear point of reference…as crucial decisions are made.…
There are certain aspects of Content Strategy,…including tone and language that fall…outside the scope of this course.…While they're important, they belong in a wider discussion…about content creation, moderation, and marketing,…rather than that of the web design process itself,…which is why I've left them out.…As I said earlier in the course,…the main purpose of the website is communication,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.