Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Content modeling, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Once the content audit is complete,…you'll have a clearer picture of what…types of content will be presented on the site.…Looking at the page assets,…you can now start identifying…different types of pages.…And from there, establish discrete content models.…It's easier to see how this works…with a practical example.…So let's say we're building a site…for a food services business called Eat.…The company provides various services…including catering, cooking classes,…a chef-at-home service and a restaurant.…
To promote all these services…and build awareness of the company,…the website will have several…different types of content.…Standard pages including landing page,…an about page, contact page,…legal information, and so on.…A services section with an index…and separate landing pages for each service.…A recipe section, where the owner…publishes free recipes and cooking tips.…A blog, with customer stories and promotions,…and general news items.…
And finally, a testimonial section…linked to the different services.…Based on this list we can tentatively…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.