Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Break and edge-case testing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- View Offline
- When accessibility testing is done…and any accessibility issues…have been addressed and remedied…the next step is what I call Break and Edge-case testing.…Here you are submitting the site to scenarios…where things don't work the way they're supposed to…or the user does something unexpected.…This can usually be done in-house…but also benefits from some third party testing.…Break Testing, consist of literally…breaking a component of the site and seeing how it behaves.…
Ensure image all texts…follow the alternative text decision tree,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.