Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Baseline development priorities, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- As the development team begins its work,…it's important to affirm the Baseline Development Priorities…of all websites.…These priorities should be universal gospel…and common knowledge for all web designers.…But even so, they are worth repeating every time…a new project begins.…Think of the Baseline Development Priorities…as a mantra you say to yourself as you work.…Maybe even print them out…and paste them above your workstation.…They go as follows,…one, All code must follow web standards.…
Two, All content must meet accessibility guidelines.…And three,…All design and development must be "mobile first".…These three rules ensure,…a, that your code is written properly,…is maintainable, and will work across all browsers,…b, anyone can access the content…in anyway they want or need,…and c, the most likely method for accessing the content…is the method everything is designed and developed for.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personas (2013)with Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.