Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Asking what the web can do for you, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Like a doctor or a lawyer, you are hired or brought in…on a web design project because of your expertise.…And like doctors and lawyers, your knowledge in your field,…in this case, web design, is or at least should be,…substantially greater than that of your client.…An interesting but often overlooked role for a web designer…is as a guide to the unknown wilderness that is the web.…When a client comes in with a new project,…it's often with a limited scope, and a limited understanding…of what the web has to offer, and what it can do for them.…
It is your job to educate them on what is possible,…and present new possibilities…and opportunities they haven't considered.…Even today, people often think of a website…as a one-way communication tool,…much like a brochure or portfolio.…And while it's true that you can build a brochure…or portfolio site on the web, these sites do not…take advantage of what makes the web unique.…Two-way or three-way or infinite way communication.…
The web is a communication platform,…and by leveraging this aspect,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.