Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Art direction: Responsive images and graphics, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- The final piece of the build phase puzzle…is responsive images and graphics.…This is an area where the web design world…is undergoing a significant shift and staying…at the cutting edge of these developments…will put you and your project well ahead…of the competition.…When adding images and graphics to your site,…you should, whenever possible, utilize…modern techniques and technologies.…These improve load and rendering time…and lessen the volume of data that needs to travel…from the server to the visiting device while still…retaining the highest quality image possible.…
Before we move on to the post-build testing…phase, let's take a look at three techniques…and technologies that will make your images…and graphics truly responsive.…Out-of-the-box images are static elements.…They have a fixed width and height and are best…displayed at their native size and resolution.…The nature of the screens they will be…displayed on is the opposite.…Screens have an almost infinite variation of sizes…and resolutions also vary greatly.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.