Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video All the things the end user does not care about, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- Let's quickly address a common sticking point…in the web design process,…technical decisions in relation to the end user.…Because web design is a highly technical field,…it's easy to get hung up on technical aspects…in the decision making process.…And because the landscape we are working in,…both from a production standpoint and when it comes…to how people access our creations, is so fractured,…we have to be careful not to become too attached…to our own preferences.…You need not look further than advertising…for computers and mobile devices…to see what I'm talking about here.…
For whatever reason, we as a society,…tend to identify ourselves based on our brand loyalty…and choices of electronics' manufacturers.…The never ending feud between Windows and Mac users…is one example.…Android versus iOS is another.…But, here's the thing, no matter how much we care…about these things, the end users don't.…And that's a really important realization.…Though you have a preferred CMS,…code editor, IDE, design platform, browser,…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.