Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessibility testing, part of Mapping the Modern Web Design Process.
- The first round of tests for your new site…should be accessibility testing.…As I've explained previously,…accessibility is usually an afterthought…where web design is concerned,…but in our process…we are putting it front and center…because accessibility matters.…Accessibility testing is part technical,…meaning you and your team can do some of it…in your own office…without having to bring in end-users.…Here I'm talking about baseline testing…for web standards and accessibility compliance,…keyword navigation, image and media tags…and content hierarchies.…
To test the code on your site…run it through an accessibility validator…like achecker.ca.…This tool will provide a detailed breakdown…of how your markup and contents…stack up to accessibility guidelines.…It is also a good idea to run it through…an HMTL validation check at the same time…to clean up any errors lurking in your code.…Next, visit the front page of your site…and turn off your mouse.…You should be able to navigate to any section of the site…using only your keyboard without difficulty.…
- Understanding what your users care about
- Creating user personas
- Creating content priority hierarchies
- Testing wireframes and interaction patterns
- Establishing a three-track build process
- Incorporating accessibility principles
- Using content blocks
- Testing and revising your web design
- Optimizing for social media and SEO
- Launching your web design
- Getting feedback from users
Skill Level Beginner
UX Design Techniques: Creating Personaswith Chris Nodder26m 27s Intermediate
Foundations of UX: Prototypingwith James Williamson1h 39m Beginner
1. Web Design as a Process
2. Some Perspective
4. The Content Strategy Phase
5. Prebuild Testing
6. The Build Phase
7. The Test-and-Revision Phase
8. The Optimization Phase
9. Launch and Reset
10. Going Further with lynda.com
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.