Responsive Design Workflows
Perplexed by the challenges introduced into design by all the mobile devices appearing on the market? This course shows how to evolve your current workflow to incorporate responsive design practices, without adding too much complexity or overhead. Author Justin Putney explains collaborative processes you can adopt to help designers speak to developers and developers speak to designers, and how to deal with the designer's ever-expanding role on the web. The course also covers communicating with clients and building a cohesive development team, and offers lessons on building the diagrams, wireframes, and style guides that aid a smooth workflow.
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Justin Putney, and welcome to Responsive Design Workflows. In this course, we'll look at how designers and developers can work together to translate their ideas into working responsive design. I'll start by showing you how to plan your web or mobile project using simple techniques involving the latest web technologies. Then I'll show the developer what's important to the designer, and I'll show the designer what's important to the developer. We'll see how to create design mock ups, that account for the flexibility needed to build websites and mobile apps that can be viewed on many different types of screens.
These mock ups will help you present your designs to the clients, and they'll help the developer construct the final product. Now, let's get started with Responsive Design Workflows.
Applied Interaction Design72,231 Views
Foundations of UX: Making the Case for Usability Testing28,824 Views
Responsive Typography Techniques96,250 Views
Foundations of UX: Prototyping255,057 Views
UX Design Tools: Photoshop91,245 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views