Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Responsive Design Workflows.
- View Offline
Before we go, I just want to give you a few more resources to help you with the…responsive design workflow.…Whether you're a designer, or a developer, A List apart is a great general…resource for all things for responsive design.…You can also find several great articles on Smashing Magazine. And whether you…are a designer, or a developer, make sure you check out David Hogue's Interaction…Design Fundamentals course.…Much of this course has been about improving workflow by having the designer and…the developer understand each other better.…
So in that spirit, I've put together some design resources for developers, and…some development resources for designers.…So if you are a designer, you can check out these courses on Lynda.com.…You don't have to understand everything, but going through and getting the…general idea will definitely help you in working with the developer.…You can check out Joe Marini's Mobile Web Design & Development Fundamentals,…James Williamson's HTML5:…Structure, Syntax, and Semantics, and James Williamson's CSS:…
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors