Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring each role in the responsive design process, part of Responsive Design Workflows.
- View Offline
Responsive design can make the end-user's life easier, but it can make the job…of those creating the design much more complex.…By understanding the distinct roles covered in this video, you can know where…your contributions will be most effective, and it may help you find a career…niche that is appealing to you.…With the increasing complexity in digital designs, specialization have emerged to…serve very specific needs.…Many of these new specializations have their own acronyms.…These specialized topics can be associated with a single job role, or even an…entire department of people.…
What once was essentially a two person workflow involving a designer handing off…to a developer now may involve a rich rainbow of roles.…The information architect plans the flow of information.…The user experience designer considers the user's psychology, and storyboards…interaction, which the user interface designer incorporates into the visual…elements of the experience, which the interaction designer then snaps together…
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors