Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Developer, meet designer, part of Responsive Design Workflows.
- View Offline
Just mentioning the word developer to a designer usually elicits one of two…strong emotions: great appreciation, or great frustration.…In order to create mutual appreciation, it's first essential to understand what's…important to the designer.…Color is right at the top of that list.…The colors in the designer's mockup are not suggestions.…They are exact specifications.…Another key component for a designer is typography.…Typefaces also help to determine the mood, and the level of professionalism in an…interactive experience.…
Color and typography are issues of importance across the board in all designs,…so each one will have its own video later in the course.…Image quality and alignment are two designer issues that present a special…challenge in responsive design, because element positioning and element scaling…will potentially change on different devices.…Image quality is important, because it also reflects upon the professionalism of the design.…The designer is more likely to notice pixelization than the developer, because…
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors