Join Justin Putney for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating wireframes, part of Responsive Design Workflows.
- View Offline
By the time you've reached the diagramming and wireframing stages of a project,…you should probably have a good idea of which devices you are targeting.…Reaching the stage will probably involve a combination of client input, and…internal decision making that results from your technology planning.…A wireframe is a simple, no frills sketch of what your experience will look like.…The no frills part is key, because the goal of wireframing is to save you time.…Many designers do lose wireframing their head, or skip this stage altogether, and…it works just fine in many projects.…
However, wireframes are an essential piece of the responsive design puzzle.…Wireframes will help you test multiple layout solutions, as well as communicate…those solutions with developers and clients.…It's better to keep your wireframes simple, because any window dressing can cause…confusion with the client about how the final site will look.…For instance, if you have a piece of stock art as a placeholder, the client may…
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors