Building an Ecommerce Web Site Using Dreamweaver with PHP
In this course, author Lawrence Cramer offers two approaches to implementing ecommerce functionality in Dreamweaver: introducing basic ecommerce functions to an existing site and creating a stand-alone ecommerce solution with PHP and MySQL. The course explores choosing a payment vendor, creating a simple buy button, configuring a store with the Cartweaver extension, adding products and discounts, and managing inventory. The course also provides guidance on securing an ecommerce site, preparing for the site's launch, and effectively promoting a store. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Setting up a PayPal seller's account
- Setting up a local development environment: best practices
- Adding a store to an existing design
- Configuring site setup, shipping, and tax
- Managing orders and customers
- Exploring PCI compliance
- Selecting a host and setting up the database
- Purchasing and installing SSL
- Testing the site and troubleshooting problems
- Analyzing site traffic with Google Analytics
- Linking to social networks
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Lawrence Cramer and welcome to Building and eCommerce Web Site Using Dreamweaver and PHP. In this course you'll look at how to build an eCommerce site in Dreamweaver using its powerful features and PHP in MySQL. I'll talk about what sort of eCommerce types and platforms you have to choose from. Then I'll show you how to add eCommerce capabilites to your website by first adding a simple Buy button to an existing html site and then how to build a full feature, database driven eCommerce site. I'll show you how to take your store live as well as how to manage it and protect it to secure your customers' information.
To get the most out of this course you'll need to have a good grasp of Adobe Dreamweaver. And while you don't need to know how to code, you'll need to be willing to learn just a little along the way. The demands for eCommerce sites is higher than ever. So knowing how to build one is a real asset to any web designer or developer. So let's get started with Building an eCommerce Web Site with Dreamweaver and PHP.
WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads100,285 Views
WordPress Ecommerce: Core Concepts163,753 Views
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce505,855 Views
Applied Responsive Design345,657 Views
Building an Online Shopping Cart (2006)532,277 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views