Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Web and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Understanding why forms matter
- Deciding on the form length and structure
- Adding tabs to a form
- Creating required fields
- Adding input masks
- Creating selection-dependent inputs and actions
- Displaying success and error messages
- Adding inline validation
- Understanding gradual engagement
- Enabling touch and audio input on devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hello and welcome to Web Form Design Best Practices. We'll be taking a detailed dive into what makes web forms tick, and even looking at a couple ways to gather information from people without using web forms at all. So if you're interested in boosting conversion while delighting your customers, this is the course for you. At the beginning we'll quickly look at why web forms matter. From commerce, to community, to information gathering, web forms play a crucial role on the web and the details in web form design can have a really big impact.
Next, we'll take a look at how we organize web forms. Do we lay out over a single page? Across multiple pages? How do we organize and structure it in ways that's meaningful and drives more use and conversion. Then we'll take a look at form interactions. This is where the rubber really hits the road and we're having conversations with our customers. Through the back and forth interactions in our designs we can either make things delightful or frustrating for them. And last but not least, we'll look at moving beyond web forms. How we can take input from people without requiring them to go through a series of labels and input fields.
I'll provide a lot of specific examples and then wrap it up in a series of best practices that allow you to apply the lessons to your specific product or service. So without further ado, let's jump right in.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.